PARAMEDIC ASSOCIATION OF NEW BRUNSWICK
Notice of Discipline Committee Decision
The Discipline Committee (“Committee”) of the Paramedic Association of New Brunswick by a decision dated March 13, 2017 found that a Member demonstrated professional misconduct by his falsification of patient records and demonstrated a failure to meet minimum standards of knowledge, skill and practice required of a paramedic.
The Committee ordered that the Member:
- is reprimanded for falsification of patient records;
- be suspended until successful completion of a Paramedic Refresher Program;
- cause written performance evaluations, satisfactory to the employer, to be submitted to the Registrar from each and every employer at 6, 12, 18 and 24 months from the date of return to practice;
- pay a fine of $500 to the Association for his professional misconduct; and
- pay costs of the Association in the amount of $1,500 to the Association within 12 months of return to active practice.